The Shakespeare World Cup (along with its significantly more morally suspect sibling, the FIFA World Cup) starts today! But you might be disappointed if you're expecting to see some familiar faces. Let's take a quick look at some of the characters who DIDN'T qualify for the tournament.
I shall be live-comicing the World Cup results as they happens (or at least as "live" as my schedule allows) and will be posting them on Twitter. If you're not on Twitter, congratulations, and don't worry: I'll be posting a round-up of all World Cup comics here on Tuesdays and Thursdays like usual.
The Ann Arbor Comic Arts Festival is THIS WEEKEND! If you're in the SE Michigan area, stop by and say hello!
- WHO: Me! And also at least three other Shakespeare-related authors and artists: Shaun Manning of Macbeth: The Red King, Zack Giallongo of The Stratford Zoo, and Conor McCreery of Kill Shakespeare!
- WHAT: The Ann Arbor Comic Arts Festival, a two-day mini comics convention featuring all sorts of awesome comic artists. Check out the full line-up of guests and activities on their website. I will have a table in Artist Alley and will be selling my full range of comic books, t-shirts, posters, and other goodies. There might even be one or two exclusive surprises available!
- WHERE: The downtown branch of the Ann Arbor District Library in Ann Arbor, MI.
- WHEN: 12:00pm-6:00pm on Saturday, June 16 and Sunday, June 17.
- WHY: Because A2CAF is the only comics convention I'm attending this year (as of right now, anyways).